09 May 2014
Sitting close to a large hotel complex is the flint-built church of Cricket St Thomas where you’ll find memorials to the famous Hood and Nelson families.
08 May 2014
Originally built in 1514 as a sign of power, Barrington Court, set in the heart of the Somerset countryside, fell into disrepair but it was saved from oblivion by Arthur Lyle, the famous sugar baron, who restored it to its former glory.
07 May 2014
Started in 1555, under the instruction of Elizabethan courtier Sir William Cecil, later Lord Burghley, it took 32 years to complete Burghley House, which sits amid a rolling deer park just minutes away from the busy A1 London to York road.
05 May 2014
Harewood House is one of the grandest houses in the country. Built with money from the lucrative sugar trade it eventually become a Royal residence when Princess Mary married Henry Lascelles, 6th Earl of Harewood.
03 May 2014
Welcome to the Historic Houses, a body that advises owners of stately homes how to administer their houses and estates, which are open to the public when you join the comprehensive HAA membership scheme.
01 May 2014
Carl Edwards, MloR, chairman of Men of the Stones, talks about how the industry is emerging from the recession and how companies have to deal with tight client budgets.
04 April 2014
Details of Stamford Local History Society’s Exhibition: Stamford in the First World War.
07 February 2014
Yearbook Editor Mel Russ welcomes members to the new look 2014 Men of The Stones Yearbook.
06 February 2014
The ability to be able to spread news and information at warp speed is now available at the press of a button thanks to the internet and a raft of worldwide websites. Men of the Stones are planning a new-look site.
03 January 2014
The War Memorials Trust is reporting repeated attacks war memorials. To assist in the protection of them and in association with “Smart Water”, the offer is being made to give free Smart Water Crime Prevention Liquid to all custodians of memorials.